When a person can no longer take care of their own affairs, a family member may need to apply to the court of protection.

Larken & Co can assist you through the process in this distressing time.

If a person loses mental capacity, and has not previously made a lasting power of attorney, it is often necessary for a friend of family member to apply to be appointed as their deputy.

The appointed deputy will, following the making of a court order, have the power to deal with their financial affairs.

This inevitably comes at a difficult time. Our lawyers are experienced in this process and can offer expert but sensitive advice. Our lawyers will assist you with all necessary paperwork, explain all the steps involved and do whatever else they can to assist you through the process.


Denise Ryan
T: 01636 703 333
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.